Frequently Asked Questions

PLEASE NOTE: No coverage can be bound or policy changes completed by sending an email or contact form. You must speak to an agent during regular office hours in order to process your request.


Each policy has a determined deductible agreed upon at the time of the policy inception, as discussed with your Agent. This deductible is listed on the declarations page of your policy. Your Agent can provide this for you or it will be discussed with your claims adjuster as they review your claim and policy.
Coverage will depend on a number of factors included within your policy. Cause of loss will first be determined. Property damaged will be considered and how perils and endorsements are listed within your policy. The claims adjuster will obtain the information regarding your claim and will review your policy to determine coverage allowances.
Contact your personal insurance agent as soon as possible to report the date, time, location and structure/s or items damaged, as well as cause of loss. They will report the information to the Mutual as your insurance carrier.
In the event of water damage to your home, it is very important to call your Agent immediately to notify them of the loss as well as a Restoration Company to start the process of removing the water and drying the area. Not all water losses are covered, but you need to remember this is your home and you need to protect it from further damage, whether there is Insurance coverage or not. In the event of storm related damage, temporary repairs are permitted immediately if it is necessary to prevent further damage such as boarding up windows, tarping roofing materials, etc. Otherwise, it is best to wait until the adjuster has contacted you and performed an on-site inspection before other repairs begin. It is necessary for the claims adjuster to inspect all the initial damage that has occurred. At the very least, wait for their initial contact.
You, as the insured, may choose the contractor to repair your home.

It is always suggested to seek a contractor who is local and with a reputable record of good workmanship. Here are some tips to locating such a contractor.
1. Talk with your friends, neighbors and relatives who have hired reputable contractors in the past to begin a list of options.
2. Ask the local lumberyard for a list of reputable contractors in the local area.
3. Get references for any contractor you may choose and ensure they have a certificate of insurance.
4. Be cautious in signing any agreements for repair until you have agreed to payment terms, and the repairs are in line with the estimate provided to you from your adjuster.
5. Keep in mind your insurance contract and the provisions therein is an agreement between you and the insurance company, not the contractor. Stay in contact with your claims adjuster or the Mutual company office for further questions in relation to this claim.
6. What if my contractor finds additional damage once repair work has begun?
Contact the claims adjuster immediately and report additional damage. The claim will need to be reviewed again or re-inspected to determine whether the damage is covered within your policy. 

1. Notify the police or Sheriff’s department as soon as possible to report loss by theft, vandalism or malicious mischief.
2. Next, contact your personal insurance agent to report the date, time, location and property damaged. They will then contact the Mutual as your insurance carrier.
3. A claims adjuster will then contact you to discuss and/or inspect the damage and provide settlement as allowed by your policy. 

Scroll to Top